Our curriculum is wide and varied, offering choices in Queensland Curriculum and Assessment Authority subjects, and the International Baccalaureate Diploma, along with Vocational Education modules, and school-based subjects for our Senior students, with Key Learning Areas in the Middle Phase of Learning (Queensland Curriculum Assessment and Reporting – Years 8 and 9).
We are a leading school in Arts education and offer a Music Acceleration Program as well as Spanish Immersion and Chinese Acceleration language courses. Our Maths and Engineering Acceleration Program enables students to complete the high school Maths course in four years. Students can gain additional qualifications while studying at Indooroopilly, ranging from our CISCO Certified Networking Associate course to our Aviation learning programs which enable students to qualify for a private pilot’s licence.
Indooroopilly State High School empowers students to contribute to, and enrich, our local and global communities:
- Through commitment to forward thinking and lifelong learning, and
- Within a challenging and supportive learning environment.
- All students can learn and have the right to learn
- Students and teachers deserve a mutually supportive and safe environment
- Students learn best by engaging in rigorous and rewarding experiences
- A self-disciplined environment contributes to effective learning
- Services are client-focused and create belonging
- Our learning has value beyond the classroom
- Our education develops multiple intelligences
- Teachers are learners and professionals
- Enjoyment and success are integral to learning
- Our learning is global and futures oriented
School Wide Pedagogy
Indooroopilly State High School develops learners who act in the creation of a preferred future, both in individual life and in their contribution to a better world. Indooroopilly State High School is committed to improvements in teaching practices and learning outcomes for all students.
Indooroopilly is currently focussed on the implementation of The Art and Science of Teaching in order to ensure continuity in high quality, research substantiated teaching practices across our school community. All teachers receive professional development either at school or off-site in the ASOT framework.